2024 silly season

Surprised but Alex thought he can be team leader by doing so whereas he would not be elsewhere. You would think Williams will move forwards 5hen
yes it is a huge vote of confidence the team & clearly thinks williams will be in mclaren type rise by 2026

undoubtedly he has a drive at williams for as long as he wants. whereas he would be under pressure elsewhere. i guess that red bull is a no go. ferrari & mclaren are full

but he is highly rated driver that is the 1st name on most people for a big drive i would take him at mercedes or Audi so to commit for 3 years is big

I think replacing Lewis Hamilton with Alex Albon would be a hard sell to the Mercedes board. I think he's just locking in the drive early so he stays on the grid.
true but isnt everyone. this is akin to replacing Schumacher & Senna or verstappen in the future. they are Shoes that are all but impossible to fill

Albon only had outsiders shot at Audi ,Red Bull and Mercedes to be honest as he is not their first choice . Alpine would might have been a career ending move given that team state

He got as far as talking to them

AA: Hi is that Mercedes?

Merc Receptionist: Yes who is speaking please?

AA: This is Alex Albon

Merc hangs up phone

Albon rings up journalist

AA: Hi yeah just want to let you know i've been in talking to Mercedes.

I'm not buying the PR nonsense in the media his agent has floated about to negotiate a better rate of pay with Williams and neither should anyone else. It shows how little news there is in F1 that journalist have bothered to print these stories in the first place.

from what I was reading very few want to join alpine & ocon might want to leave
It's still at this point a factory Renault team but it feels like how Prost team imploded eventually..well chance for Jack Doohan or Mick Schumacher 🤔
AA: Hi is that Mercedes?

Merc Receptionist: Yes who is speaking please?

AA: This is Alex Albon

Merc hangs up phone

Albon rings up journalist

AA: Hi yeah just want to let you know i've been in talking to Mercedes.

I'm not buying the PR nonsense in the media his agent has floated about to negotiate a better rate of pay with Williams and neither should anyone else. It shows how little news there is in F1 that journalist have bothered to print these stories in the first place.

His name is not Verstappen or Hamilton to warrant interest or click bait as it is on facebook. Maybe if Albon chose to represent GB rather than Thailand would have gotten ome sections of the British media to sensationalise things more.

Last edited:
Being a back of grid driver ain't going to warrant attention either unless you try and say he was Hamilton's replacement at Mercedes to get click bait and say they are stuffed now with limited options with some of the sites like Sportskeeda do

Anyone watch DC and Eddie Jordans podcast FFS -Formula for Success on Youtube

EJ was not happy the Daily Mail suggested Newey was already Ferrari bound which he denied

I almost forgot that Jack Doohan wants a seat next season too

Craig Slater predictions

Sainz to Audi after Red Bull no go

Perez at Red Bull due to Horner who is the one talking to Sainz's people not Helmut

Bottas to Williams

Bearman to Haas

Zhou to Haas

Kimi Antonelli to Merc

The only one i'd be surprised about there would be Antonelli. I think Merc will want a 'name' driver as don't think Russell has the name prestige (even though he is top class). I think they'll end up with Sainz. A face and name they can use in their car adverts.

Antontelli im still surpised about because i watching F2 he's not standing out, he is a talent you can see that to go from F4 to F2 is impressive but he's isnt wowing people, albeit because of the high expectations but 6th in championship, he hasnt even been on the podium. his last 3 rounds, 6th, 6th, DNF, 4th, 10th, 4th & if it wasnt for his bearman stalling it, his teammate shouldve won

i think F1 might be too soon for him

Antontelli im still surpised about because i watching F2 he's not standing out, he is a talent you can see that to go from F4 to F2 is impressive but he's isnt wowing people, albeit because of the high expectations but 6th in championship, he hasnt even been on the podium. his last 3 rounds, 6th, 6th, DNF, 4th, 10th, 4th & if it wasnt for his bearman stalling it, his teammate shouldve won

i think F1 might be too soon for him
Maybe Merc have overhyped him too much

Back
Top Bottom